Following an Extraordinary General Meeting of Members held on 5th October 2016 it was unanimously agreed to amend the Constitution of The Guernsey Association of Trustees to broaden the membership of GAT to non-fiduciaries and other stakeholders as well as the existing membership.
The following rules shall govern membership of the Association:
- Membership shall be open to bodies corporate and Individuals holding a fiduciary licence under the Regulation of Fiduciaries, Administration Businesses and Company Directors etc. (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2000 or any amendment to or re-enactment thereof (“The Industry”)
- A firm of lawyers or an individual lawyer practicing in Guernsey and serving the Industry
- A firm of accountants or an accountant practicing in Guernsey and serving the Industry
- A compliance firm practicing in Guernsey and serving the Industry
- A Non-Executive Director of a body Corporate holding a fiduciary licence
- Such other person as the executive committee shall determine (either generally or in a specific case) from time to time.
(holding Full Fiduciary licenses or as approved by the Committee from time to time)
Corporate members are often linked either directly or indirectly to other organisations and for ease of recognition we organise our membership according to these relationships, as follows:
(holding Personal Fiduciary licenses or as approved by the Committee from time to time)
Personal licensees are licensed to act professionally as company director, trustee (provided not as sole trustee), trust protector or executor of a Will or such other person as determined by the executive committee.