- This event has passed.
Annual STEP Conference
June 20 at 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The STEP Guernsey Branch invite members and non-members to attend the annual STEP Conference at Beau Sejour on 20 June 2019.
STEP Guernsey’s flagship event, sponsored by Carey Olsen, allows delegates to meet, network and gain important knowledge and technical updates from outstanding speakers in the industry.
Costs below are per delegate (including refreshments, buffet lunch, delegate pack and Certificate of Attendance)
- STEP member (early-bird rate until 20 May 2019) = £160
- Non-member (early-bird rate until 20 May 2019 = £190
***If you are a STEP member booking online, please use the discount code ‘Member’
The hashtag for the STEP Conference is #STEPGSY
<p “=””>Make sure you also visit the STEP stand to meet Jenni Hutchinson, Head of Employer Partnerships for STEP, who can tell you how STEP works with employers to support and develop their STEP people and how your employer can get involved in this initiative.
Saffery Champness (Guernsey) work successfully with STEP in this regard and say – “We recognise the need for well-trained employees, and having the opportunity to develop their professional skills is a key source of motivation at our firm. STEP Platinum Employer accreditation assists us in ensuring that our training and development meets a global, best practice benchmark, which reflects our commitment to providing learning and development opportunities for our staff via high quality structured training and development practices, procedures and effective communication”
Please be advised that by booking a place to attend the 2019 STEP Conference you are agreeing that your name and company name will be shared with STEP Guernsey and the conference sponsors.
Topics and speakers confirmed to-date:
- Impact Investing – Justin Sykes, Innovest Advisory (keynote speaker)
- Trust Register – Public or Otherwise – Julie Ramsden-Gundez, Forsters
- Vulnerable Gifts for Vulnerable People – Gwyn Evans, Tanfield Chambers
- Unexplained Wealth Orders/Enforcements and a Trustee’s Obligations in regard to same – Sarah Cormack, Mills & Reeve
- STEP Worldwide Update and Awards – Mark Walley, CEO, STEP Worldwide
- Trust Disputes – the roles of the Protectors, Enforcers and Investment Managers – Russell Clark/Natasha Kapp, Carey Olsen
- Economic Substance – Tony Mancini, KPMG
- FIU Update – Adie Hale, FIU
- Law/Case Update – Alison Mackrill, Appleby